Passing of the Torch

May, the season of graduating. Students all across the country countdown the days until they leave school and here at Grandview seniors are celebrated before the big day.

The senior assembly was a mix of clubs, dances and games all to help celebrate seniors. Audience member Victoria Salazar believed the assembly was a great way to bring the year to a close.

I feel it’s an awesome way to say goodbye to the seniors because it’s their last high school assembly and they get to have their last experience with it. It’s a nice celebration,” said Salazar.

The assembly was filled with entertaining stunts such as teacher and senior tug of war.

I think it is fun to watch them (the seniors) play tug of war with the teachers because it’s something you don’t see everyday and it’s nice to have something to cheer for when you watch an assembly,” Salazar said.

Not only was there tug of war, but there were various dances. Sophomore Veranika Denisova was a part of the hip hop performance.

“I’ve performed in the senior exit last year and the assembly in the beginning of the school year,” said Denisova. “The dances from both years were different because my teammates were different from last year and the style of the dances were also diverse.”

Denisova had a blast during the dance.

“I always have fun during assemblies because during the performance you get an adrenaline that is amazing,” said Denisova.

Along with hip hop, there was also boys poms.

“My favorite part of the assembly is watching both the Junior and Senior boys poms team because it’s just funny to see some of the people you would never expect dancing to be out on the floor,” said Salazar.

I feel it’s an awesome way to say goodbye to the seniors because it’s their last high school assembly and they get to have their last experience with it. It’s a nice celebration.

“My favorite part of the assembly is the boys poms because it is really entertaining to watch them,” said Denisova.

The senior assembly is a great way to wrap up the year for not only seniors but all the classes.

“I’m excited for the assembly next year because I know it will always be a blast to watch and it also marks the end of the year,” said Salazar.