The Fusses of Not Having Late Busses [ Opinions ]

Priding itself on its excessive extracurricular activities is Grandview’s clubs and sports. With hopes of including all students, a brick in the wall is soon met with transportation issues.

Students are often expected by teachers, colleges, and parents to participate in extracurriculars, but they can’t do that if they don’t have the transportation. 

Unlike at the end of the school day, there are no buses for students to take for afterschool activities. 

Although students in high school have the opportunity to either drive or catch a ride home, there is still a large population of students who do not have these options. 

Extracurricular activities such as sports or clubs have a multitude of benefits, yet many students aren’t able to take advantage of participating in these. 

“Afterschool programs can support social, emotional, cognitive, and academic development, reduce risky behaviors, promote physical health, and provide a safe and supportive environment,” Youth.gov said.

Extracurricular activities provide students with a chance to discover themselves. Students should not have to miss out on their highschool experience due to a lack of transportation after school.

Many college applications require students to have had previous experience in extracurricular activities. 

“While grades and test scores are important, colleges also want to see the person you’re becoming and the skills you’ve learned outside of class,” College Board said. “They want to know what makes you unique, and the extracurricular activities you participate in will help you stand out.”

The partaking of school activities or groups within your community is important to not only students but colleges as well. School activities allow for students to display numerous interests and help students show important attributes such as leadership, responsibility, and innovation. 

Cherry Creek School District (CCSD) it is absurd that students are limiting their opportunities and greatness due to a lack of attention towards transportation details. I beg of you let’s fix this so that every student is granted fair chances at a better education and future.