Summer Reading Suggested For Students, Not Required

Ready Player One, Rich Dad/Poor Dad, Handmaid’s Tale, The Mamba Mentality are some of the titles suggested by faculty.

Summer Reading for 2020-21 Grandview students will not be required or attached to an assignment. Instead, staff has put together a list of books that you should read because they are great, not because they are for a grade. Click here to see their suggestions.

Read the message from our English Department and Library below:

Dear Grandview Students, Parents, and Community,

In lieu of a formal summer reading assignment, the Grandview English department asks all students to choose at least one book to read.

Scores of GHS staff members have identified books they feel are worthy of the wolfpack; these texts are posted here.

Please take a look at these wolf-worthy texts and consider if any of them interest you.

None of these books are required, nor will they be paired with an assignment to complete over summer break, but we do encourage every student to look at the options and the wide variety of interests represented.

Reading isn’t just for English class, and great books aren’t exclusively novels written decades ago. So much can be gained by following your interests and considering different points of view; this list provides an opportunity to do that.

Many of these books can be accessed via eBook or AudioBook on CCSD’s Overdrive system. Books that are not available through our district’s resources can often be found through Arapahoe Library eBooks or a retailer like The Tattered Cover, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. If you have a book you would like to read that is not included in our staff’s recommendation list, feel free to go that route instead.

Please enjoy a reflective, peaceful summer, and remember: Not every book is for everyone, but everyone should read books.

Sincerely,

The Grandview English Department and Library