We moderate comments to enable readers to share, without abusing others, informed and intelligent views that enhance the marketplace of ideas, focused to the topic of discussion not the presenter.
By posting comments:
- We recommend use of real names for commenting. We will allow anonymous just like we allow anonymous sources provided we have verified the commenter’s identity.
- You agree not to submit inappropriate content. Inappropriate content includes any content (as defined by the Student Press Law Center) that:
- Infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person
- Is potentially libelous or defamatory
- Is obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit
- Violates a person's right to privacy
- Violates any local, state, national, or international law
- Contains or advocates illegal or violent acts
- Degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification
- Is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass
- Contains advertising or solicitation of any kind
- Misrepresents your identity or affiliation
- Impersonates others
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you submit. You will promptly remove any content that you have posted should you discover that it violates these rules or that it is otherwise inappropriate.
- You understand and agree that we are not responsible for any user submitted You further understand that we have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor submissions and we may remove content that we deem inappropriate. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user's privilege to post content on our site.
- By submitting feedback, you agree to abide by these guidelines.
* content adapted from The Washington Post , The Poynter Institute and introductory wording modeled on The New York Times.